Home » » ASUS MeMOPad HD 7-Inch 16 GB Tablet, Blue (ME173X-A1-BL)

ASUS MeMOPad HD 7-Inch 16 GB Tablet, Blue (ME173X-A1-BL)

ASUS MeMOPad HD 7-Inch 16 GB Tablet, Blue (ME173X-A1-BL)

Customer Video Review Length:: 7:50 Mins

I've been very happy with my Nexus 7. However the Nexus 7 lacked a few important features that the Asus MemoPad HD7 has, such as a MicroSD slot for additional storage and a 5MP rear-facing camera. Asus managed to add those important features, and increase the resolution of the screen while pricing this quite a bit below the cost of the Nexus 7. Of course the newer Nexus 7 now has a rear-facing camera but still no MicroSD slot for easily adding storage.

Asus did have to cut some corners but the corners that were cut may not mean much to most people. Perhaps the most significant missing feature is NFC. The case material is not quite as substantial as the Nexus 7 case. It's a bit more slippery and somewhat more plasticy feeling. Also there is definitely something different about the display surface itself. . . it feels more like plastic than glass. I don't know what it is, but it's not as easy to slide your finger over the Asus MemoPad display as it is on the Nexus 7. Using a stylus largely eliminates that issue and also eliminates fingerprints on the screen.

Setup of the MemoPad was easy. I fully charged mine overnight before even turning it on. When I did turn it on, it walked me through the setup process. Only took a couple minutes if that. I added my email accounts, and Google account information and I was up and running in no time.

The Asus table includes what some would consider bloatware. It's not pure Android like the Nexus 7.

Review about ASUS MeMOPad HD 7-Inch 16 GB Tablet, Blue (ME173X-A1-BL)

I got my MeMo hd 7 pad yesterday and the boxing was similar the original Nexus 7. Once I open it, I noticed it was lighter, but the screen does look smaller due to the larger bezel. But I am sure that the screens are the same size as I measured it to be 7 inches. .

Features:

  • 7-Inch Display
  • Quad Core 1.2 GHz
  • 16 GB Flash Memory, 1 GB RAM Memory
  • 10-hour battery life, .67 pounds

0 comments:

Post a Comment