Home » » Lenovo Twist S230U (33472HU) 12.5" Multi-Touch Ultrabook - Core I5 500GB HDD 24GB SSD 4GB RAM Windows 8

Lenovo Twist S230U (33472HU) 12.5" Multi-Touch Ultrabook - Core I5 500GB HDD 24GB SSD 4GB RAM Windows 8


I've had this for a month now, and although having Windows 8 and a touch screen on a laptop take some getting used to, I really like this laptop / tablet combination. The laptop isn't as good as my X1 Carbon ($1849) and the tablet isn't as good as my 64GB iPad ($799), but considering that the Twist costs only a little bit more than one third as much as the two combined, I'd say the Twist is a screaming good deal.

Here's my opinion of the pros:
- Touch screen
- Doubles as tablet AND ultrabook (. 8" thin and 3.

Review about Lenovo Twist S230U (33472HU) 12.5" Multi-Touch Ultrabook - Core i5 500GB HDD 24GB SSD 4GB RAM Windows 8

This is not an excellent machine out of the box and almost makes me pretty frustrates at the beginning. However, after tune ups, it works almost perfect.

Overall, it is an ultrabook with no compromise and with not much more dollars i spent, it also supports touch for your desktop apps and also serves as a tablet. What's more, it is also powerful enough to use it for work. The TWIST mode made it very flexible to use in any scenario. My favorite mode is display mode when use it in bed. With the keyboard supporting the laptop, the screen is like a tablet in front of you without the need to hold it. Plus the angle can be easily adjusted.

I love the keyboard, trackpad (although still not as good as apple's but can be fixed by driver update), screen ,touch, powerful, and most importantly the various form factors i can twist it into.

Tweaks i did to solve the problems i had oob.
1) touch pad: i need to change the touch sensitivity to make it follow the finger well. Multi-touch can be enabled from the see of options in the driver preferences. However, there is neither two finger touch as right click, nor inertia for two finger scroll.

2) screen rotation lock: after the driver update recently, it is solved.

3) system freeze once in a while: I believe this is due to ThinkPad's patent that it lock the harddrive when motion detected. You can disable the feature or you can do what i did that I swapped the HD to an SSD. I got a 512GB SSD from amazon for 400 dollars, which is much cheaper than get one from lenovo.

My configuration is core i7, 8GB, 512GB SSD and it is super fast thanks to the SSD. The system restarts in 10 seconds and hibernate/wake in 2 seconds. I use it as a laptop enjoying the great keyboard together with touch, while also use it as a tablet in bed when using IE10. .

Features:

  • 3rd Generation Intel® CoreTM i5 3317U processor
  • Genuine Windows® 8 Professional 64 bit
  • 12.5" HD LED display with IPS for nearly 180-degree viewing angles
  • 500GB HDD and 24GB SSD
  • 4GB DDR3 memory
  • Two USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports, mini-HDMI, mini-DP, and a 4-in-1 card reader
  • Bluetooth, 720p HD camera

0 comments:

Post a Comment