Home » » ThinkPad X230 34352TU 12.5" LED Tablet PC - Core I7 I7-3520M 2.9GHz - Black

ThinkPad X230 34352TU 12.5" LED Tablet PC - Core I7 I7-3520M 2.9GHz - Black


The Lenovo ThinkPad X230T is a great laptop and fits my needs perfectly. I spent a few weeks looking up options for a laptop/tablet to support my studies and landed quite definitively on this one. Now that I have it I can testify that it meets the quality and functionality standards I was hoping for and blows them out of the water. It doesn't have a smooth, flashy sparkle to it like the iPad, the Windows Surface or some of the other new stuff that's coming out but that's not what I'm interested in. I wanted highly functional touch screen computer with a lot more processing power and hard drive space than a tablet and that is exactly what I got.

The structural integrity is excellent and exhibits a very solid design in stark contrast to a HP Pavilion I had which was slightly flexible (you could bend it). That is definitely not happening with the X230. One concern I had while reviewing it was that the single, central hinge would be a point of weakness for the overall design. I've only had it for a week now but the hinge is showing no signs of wear and does not appear at all to be cheaply made. It provides a surprisingly greater resistance to motion and is quite a bit stronger than I was expecting. Another concern expressed by a review was that the edges of the keyboard frame rubbed against the lid at the hinge side when the laptop is closed producing a small white mark. This did occur on the lift side for me but I could care less because it's strictly a cosmetic issue and is easily fixed by placing a small piece of screen protector over the rubbing surfaces. This isn't a toy, it's a tool.

The keyboard is either the best or very close to the best keyboard I've ever used. I've been using shallow laptop keyboards for a while and this one puts them to shame. It has a deeper range of motion and a strong "springy" feel to it that makes it very comfortable to use. The concavity on the keys also sets it apart making it easier to feel and find the center of the keys to stay in position. The only change I would make would be to make the arrow keys slightly more concave/defined to make it easier to find when reaching outside the normal typing position. One thing to point out is that the function and control keys are switched - the control is not on the outside. However, these key assignments can be easily swapped in the startup options. Jesse B. Andersen has a YouTube video on it (and a ton of other helpful videos).

The mouse pad is relatively small. Apparently that bothers some people. Even when using a larger mouse pad I don't use the whole space anyway.

Review about ThinkPad X230 34352TU 12.5" LED Tablet PC - Core i7 i7-3520M 2.9GHz - Black

.

Features:

  • Processor: Intel® CoreTM i7-3520M Quad Core Processor (4M Cache, 2.90GHz - 3.6GHz) 35W
  • RAM: 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz | Hard Drive: 500GB 7200rpm HDD
  • Optical Disc Drive: DVD Super Multi Burner | Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64bit

0 comments:

Post a Comment