Home » » Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch, Wi-Fi)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch, Wi-Fi)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch, Wi-Fi)

Below is a review of several tablets I tried in MY chronological sequence with them, with explanations of why I rejected all but the Samsung Galaxy 2 10. 1 tablet. I am placing the same review under each model I tried.

Background - I am now 65 - NOT a member of the electronic generation! I love playing Scrabble and thought intensive games in general. I know very little about smart phones or tablets. I firmly believe that a company OWES SUPPORT to their consumers and NOT at additional cost! Customer service is VERY important to me! Before anyone accuses me of bias: I have NO connection to ANY of the companies mentioned. I am simply a consumer relating my personal experiences!

iPad - first generation - EVERYTHING you do with it is tied to iTunes. When I tried it, there was absolutely NO manual or documentation available for iTunes. Beyond the first 90 days Apple wants to charge for tech support. I found iTunes and the Apple OS to be confusing and difficult to use. The tablet, itself, performed well but I prefer an OS that allows direct folder and file access.

Samsung Galaxy 7 inch tablet first generation. This device runs Android 2. 3. It is now several years old and STILL functions perfectly. The battery still holds an all day charge with moderate usage. I have never found an app that is "incompatible" with this model. This is an important point in the reviews that follow. I even used it to shoot surprisingly excellent videos of a music/dance presentation in a dimly lit auditorium. Now, several years later, with cataracts growing in both eyes as well as "floaters" in both eyes, I was seeking a screen larger than the 7 inch.

Motorola Xoom 10. 1 tablet. It is HEAVY. While it worked well, for reasons unknown to me it was not compatible with several of my favorite apps. Furthermore, the screen seems to get greasy very quickly!

Asus TF300 Transformer 10. 1 inch tablet. While the construction of mine was solid, all the other negative observations of other reviewers were immediately apparent. The tablet would not maintain wi-fi contact even close to my router. The Asus TF300 was also incompatible with many of my favorite apps. Finally, the Asus TF300 (and TF700 mentioned below) has a strange auto-spelling correct system that FREQUENTLY screwed up my typing.

Review about Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch, Wi-Fi)

.

Features:

  • Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
  • 10.1-inch Multitouch 720p HD Screen (1280 x 800)
  • 16GB Internal Memory, microSD expansion up to 32GB
  • Wireless N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0,GPS Enabled with Latitude, Google Maps
  • 1GHz Dual-Core Processor

0 comments:

Post a Comment