Home » » HP Split X2 13.3" Convertible Touch-Screen Laptop & Tablet - Core I3, 128GB Solid State, Dual Battery

HP Split X2 13.3" Convertible Touch-Screen Laptop & Tablet - Core I3, 128GB Solid State, Dual Battery


I've been using my HP Split X2 for about a week. It's a reasonable laptop with a touch screen. Windows 8 is fine, once you've downloaded and installed "Start 8" which is a Windows 7 style start menu replacement. The keyboard is reasonable for typing, but the touchpad is a bit touchy and needs to be tweaked a bit before typing is smooth and easy.

As a laptop it works as well as you can expect an i3. It is perfectly fine for writing docs, watching movies and listening to music. I've done a little bit of development on it, and it works. But I wouldn't want to use it as my primary development system.

The interesting part of the X2 is the convertible part of it. Frankly that's the only reason I purchased it. I thought it would make a good light work computer and be primarily a play computer (movies, web browsing, simple gaming). I've seen folks complain that the size to too large for a tablet. I strongly disagree. This is a nice size for many task. For example, it's a pleasure to read a magazine from the Nook app.

In general, I've found that it works just fine for light entertainment, but there are a couple of problems using the X2 as a tablet. The biggest problem is the screen is not viewable at an off angle. If you get something like +/- 30 degrees off looking straight at the screen the becomes difficult to see. This isn't much of a problem for a laptop, but a tablet is often viewed at off angles - especially this one since it's pretty large and heavy.

Review about HP Split x2 13.3" Convertible Touch-Screen Laptop & Tablet - Core i3, 128GB Solid State, Dual Battery

I just bought this HP Split x2 and I like it except for a couple of issues:
1. I keep loosing my internet connectivity (I have wireless)
2. Just starting turning off

I have my work laptop sitting next to it and have no connectivity issues.
I leave the room, and come back a few minutes later and the darn thing is OFF.

Are there settings I could be doing to resolve this?
.

Features:

  • 13.3" LED-backlit high-definition touch-screen Laptop & Tablet All-In-One
  • Two built-in 3-cell lithium-ion-polymer batteries - hours upon hours of life!
  • 128GB Solid State Performance Hard Drive, Intel Core i3-3229Y Processor
  • 4GB RAM, Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n) plus Bluetooth
  • Built-in TrueVision high-definition webcam, Beats Audio, 2 USB, HDMI

0 comments:

Post a Comment