Home » » HP Envy Dv7-7240us 17.3-Inch Laptop

HP Envy Dv7-7240us 17.3-Inch Laptop

HP Envy dv7-7240us 17.3-Inch Laptop

On November 15, 2012, I wrote this review: Hadthe beastfor 24hours now and used it about 12 of them. LOVEall thevisualreal estateof the 17. 3inch display. Stilltrying to wrapmy mind aroundWindows 8. The keyboard is makingme crazy. The touch isso uneven. Size is great, almost asbig asmany desktop keyboards. But the keys all seem torequire different pressure. I am leaving all the spacebarerrors in place so you can see howthat just isn'tresponding totouch in anypredicatble manner (I am fixingmissingorduplicatelettersforreadability,butbeieveme,itcangetstrange). The tinyup anddown arrowsin the directional array areabitannoying, asismoving tothe up/downon the numerickeypad. Numericisanice feature to have.

The speed is impressive, bootsvery quickly, goesfrom fullshutdown to ready in about 20 seconds. Movesamong appsblazingly fast,no lagtimeasit repaintsthe screen,exits and shuts downwithease. Set upfor anewmachine was easy withthe offer of standard orcustom. There arequite afewset up chpoice available in Custom, which I liked. I wasonlinevery quickly, itseemed the longesttask wasgetting the passwordfor the securenet.

Whilemany peoplearegoing forsmallerandsmallerlaptops (wonder when laptops and iPhoneswill converge?) I chooseto go big screenbecasue I usemy laptop forreal work. Iwantedessentialya desktopthat I couldtake with me.

Review about HP Envy dv7-7240us 17.3-Inch Laptop

I bought this computer to replace my old HP Pavilion dv7, works well, looks great, sound is bomb and it is a whole lot faster than my old computer. Only issue I have is that the LED light on the side that is on when you plug the power in, is waaaay too bright. So if you have this in the same room while you are sleeping plugged in it can be a problem though I just unplug when I sleep.
.

Features:

  • Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5 GHz
  • 8 GB DDR3
  • 750gb HDD 5400 RPM
  • 17.3-Inch Screen
  • Windows 8

1 comments:



  1. Thanks i like your blog very much , i come back most days to find new posts like this!Good effort.I learnt it

    123 HP Envy 5642 Setup

    ReplyDelete