Home » » HP Envy H8-1430 Desktop (Black)

HP Envy H8-1430 Desktop (Black)

HP Envy h8-1430 Desktop (Black)

I purchased this computer after careful research to replace an old Dell that was fading after 5-6 years. I operate a small business and also run another older Dell and an IMAC. This was my first HP machine. With the slowing sales of PCs and laptops at least partly due to customer resistance to Windows 8, there are some good values currently on the market. This is one. I have run it and Windows 8 for about three weeks now. It is VERY fast and very stable. It has not crashed or frozen once since I first turned it on. I now use this computer as my primary work machine. It just runs circles around the IMAC as far as I am concerned. I am not a gamer, but the SPEED of this machine in booting up and running various applications simultaneously with multiple windows open is addictive.

Windows 8 takes some getting used to for an old XP user. My tech guy recommended I transition to Windows 8 and I did so reluctantly. No doubt it is this software that helps make the machine run so fast and reliably. Windows 8 can be made to work for you with some work arounds and by implementing some of the tips and tricks that you can find in various YOUTUBE segments. I was skeptical at first, but the speed and stability of it have convinced me. I would also note that I run Office 365 from the cloud and that you need Windows 8 or 7 to do so. Office 365 will not work with XP. I would say that Office 365 has always worked well for me as well and I like being able to back up some of my most important business files in the Office Cloud which are quickly and easily accessible. Windows 365 which you can rent for $100 a year and run on up to five separate PCs or laptops is also a good value in my opinion.

I also like the fact that this machine offers 6 USB ports including 2 3. 0 USB ports. My only nitpick is that 2 of the ports (along with the microphone and headphone jack inputs) are located on the top of the machine behind a lip. You have to stand up from your office chair to see the USB ports when inserting a thumbdrive at something like a 30* angle. .

Review about HP Envy h8-1430 Desktop (Black)

I purchased this computer 3days ago, 1/21/13, this computer is great, fast and powerful, it's really quiet and and gets the job done EASILY. Windows 8 takes a little getting use too, but once you get use to it, it is fun!.
.

Features:

  • Intel Processor 3.1 GHz
  • 10GB DDR3
  • 2048 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive0 GB Solid State Drive
  • Windows 8

0 comments:

Post a Comment